Data is ubiquitous in our modern world. Though it’s the thing that carries the music to our ears, the video to our eyes and even the words you’re reading right now to you, we often think of it as the cold and dense inhabitant of databases and processors.
It might be the means for consuming art, but it isn’t often the art itself. That’s why this project gave us pause. It’s called “unnamed soundsculpture” by We Are Chopchop, a Berlin-based collective of designers, filmmakers and artists.
The piece features a cloud of three-dimensional data points generated by intersecting the output of three depth-sensing Microsoft Kinect cameras, which recorded a dancer moving to a composition called “Kreukeltape” by Machinenfabriek.
- strle likes this
- mollykmac reblogged this from txchnologist
- mallinearl likes this
- xxstevezz likes this
- kaykaywebb likes this
- cenwatchglass likes this
- shannyta07 likes this
- liveonfive likes this
- winged-wheel14 reblogged this from thenextweb
- bonzster reblogged this from thenextweb
- sufferingfromfuckups likes this
- f8cr likes this
- travelthegalaxy likes this
- thenextweb reblogged this from txchnologist
- txchnologist posted this